We will be doing the Full Body Elongation Series
Come to Class!
You’ll Thank Yourself
We’ll take a little extra time in this series to include :
- – leg pressing down & outward from the waist; in the air, or on the ground
- – rolling upward towards the ceiling; just a little bit; to stretch the area between the front & the side; which includes the psoas
- – drawing the upper leg back a little bit; which also stretches the psoas and quads
- – bringing this same leg now out in front at approximately 90 degrees, or lower for the hamstrings, ITBand, & hip
* All of this is done slowly, and w/mindfulness, w/awareness, to create the perfect stretch for you today… inviting the middle part of us, to lengthen our whole body from the center outward !
* We’ll also use the bolster vertically underneath our spine, face up; as well as put it under our hips face down.
See you in class ! – Margi
- Tuesday 4:00 pm & 5:45 pm
- Thursdays & Fridays, 9:30 am
- Private In Home Sessions
- Private Sessions via Skype
- Call 978-283-3330 for information, reservations and appointments
222 Eastern Ave, Gloucester MA Relax & Lengthen Yoga™ Classes are a system of self care created by Margi Green CNMT. These classes include gentle, conscious stretching; self massage; postural and ergonomic instruction. Would you like to increase your body awareness and learn to release areas of muscle tension with guided relaxation. Relieve your pain, reduce your stress, and learn to live in your body with greater ease.
Announcing that I now have the ability to provide Relax and Lengthen Yoga™ Private Sessions via Skype or in your home. I am excited by this because it works really well for my clients and students who are at a distance and not able to attend one of my four weekly classes in Gloucester, MA. These are classes for Every-Body! Gentle Conscious Stretching, Ergonomic and Postural Solutions to help you relieve tension, stress, pain, and live in your body with greater ease. Please call me at 978-283-3330 to book your appointment today.
Of course; your hips should be further away from the wall if you feel any ‘ annoying ‘ feelings in this hamstring stretch ( back of the upper leg ), and …remember ; you are in charge of making it feel great !
The other leg can have a pillow under the back of the knee, or you could bend it, putting that foot flat, if you feel too much sensation anywhere from your back through your upper leg. Generally speaking, you will feel this in the upper, inner thigh, where the psoas tendon hitches to the upper, inner leg. ( the psoas is a deep, internal low back muscle )
Someone sent me a series of pictures of their daughter’s cat, Lilo, see three of them below.
Like Elwood, our poster-child cat, we can learn from observing how naturally animals move into and out of stretch positions, and try mimicking their relaxed method of stretching ! – Margi